Monday, September 3, 2012

Run #12/13/14 - End of May 2012

Running in Texas sucks. Running on a treadmill also sucks. Trying to cram in a few runs is while also attending a national conference sucks too.

It was way to hot and way to humid to run outside while I was in Houston, so I decided to get a few treadmill runs in at the hotel. I can say with confidence, that I cannot stand running on a treadmill. I could only make it one mile before I thought I might collapse from boredom or suffocate on the stale air blowing into my mouth from the treadmill fan. I made it a point to run as fast as I could for 1 mile, I think I even broke 10 minutes one day! Then I would do some weights and core work but forced myself to end the workout with another painful mile.

I did it, but I didn't like it. I must ask, how do you treadmill folks do it? I know when I started to run outside, it was incredibly hard, but running on a treadmill is sheer brutal torture!

No comments:

Post a Comment